Almost everybody know that Hutch is now Vodafone. This makes a change in procedure of activating GPRS on Vodafone mobile. Following is the procedure to activate Vodafone GPRS:

  1. Send sms ACT VL to 111.
  2. GPRS will be activated in 24 hours.
  3. After GPRS gets activate, you need to get settings.
  4. For settings sms VL to 56789, Ex: VL N2626 for Nokia 2626
  5. You will receive MMS & GPRS settings back to back.
  6. Save both the settings & get connected!

I am not sure of charges for this service. Vodafone charges are varying from pre-paid & post paid. My friend is using pre-paid & there is no monthly charges for him & only paying for tranfers (10 paisa/10kb). I activated same thing on my post-paid connection & Vodafone charging me Rs.49/Month. For this monthly charge I will get

  1. 500 mb of transfer (I am not sure, I asked thrice when customer care girls told this). 5pais/10kb after that.
  2. 30 MMS, 3rs/mms after that.

So make sure of charges before activating this service.


0 comments:

more . . .

Your Ad Here